Dear Come Recommended Hopeful,
First, thank you so much for your interest in joining our team! I pride myself in bringing together not only the most skilled group of people on the planet, but also creating lifetime friendships. After all, if you can’t have fun 90 percent of the time, it isn’t worth doing.
The main position we offer is that of a Content Creator. As you might have gathered from the job title, Content Creators create content. These folks are efficient researchers, creative writers, and voracious readers. They can easily digest information provided to them by a client and turn it into a non-promotional, educational piece the desired target audience will love. They care deeply about results — not only how many page views their pieces are getting, but also how many readers are clicking through to the client’s website and converting into users. In a word, Content Creators are rockstars.
As you might imagine, I’m frequently asked what a day in the life is like here at Come Recommended. That’s a tough one to answer…no two days are the same. But, I suppose a couple elements remain no matter what we have going on:
- We all work from home (or wherever we feel the most productive). I’m not going to lie…it’s a rare occasion that I get more dressed up than yoga pants and a t-shirt.
- Think you’ll lose the social aspect of working in an office if you’re not in one? Think again, my friend! We discuss pets, food, sports, and beer way more often than you ever did in an office.
- Thank goodness for HipChat’s custom emojis. There are way too many feels to express with words alone.
- You will have anywhere between two and five clients, depending on the workload of each client.
- Don’t be frightened at the thought of having five clients. We schedule based on the number of hours it should take you to complete that day’s assignments, with a buffer in case of writer’s block.
- Everyone gets an unlimited number of sick and vacation days. Yeah, we’re cool like that.
- Speaking of how cool and flexible we are…my general rule is that, as long as everything is turned in by the deadline, I don’t totally care when you get it done. Want to take a few hours to watch the Olympics or Shark Week? Go right ahead, as long as you meet your deadlines.
- Are there days you’ll have to work past 4 p.m. to meet a deadline? Unfortunately, yes. Are there also days you’ll finish up before 4 p.m. and get to peace out? Also yes!
I could go on and on, but I think you get the idea. We love our work, our clients, and spending time together. “If you love what you do, you’ll never work a day in your life.” Couldn’t have said it better myself.
Keep reading below about what the rest of the team thinks about working at Come Recommended, as well as our current openings. Thanks again for checking us out — we hope to hear from you soon.
Why I Like Working at Come Recommended
At this time, we do not have any openings. However, you can view the full description of our Content Creator position here.