Share this Post
Now, more than ever before, the candidate experience must be clean, fast, and simple. Chances are, if your application process is clunky, slow, and overly complicated, you are losing high quality candidates. They simply move on to better opportunities.
The main problem plaguing many companies is a bad applicant tracking systems (ATS). They may make it hard on human resource professionals to pull data reports or even mistakenly filter out qualified candidates before a hiring manager can assess them.
Employers like Care Mountain were held back from finding A players because of these software limitations. They finally said enough was enough and made some major upgrades to their ATS to save time and to simplify the recruitment process and the candidate experience.
The infographic below — compiled by ClearCompany, the talent management solution that helps companies identify, hire and retain more A Players — looks at the impact a faulty ATS has on employers and how an improved system makes life easier for everyone involved.
Let’s take a look at some of the highlights:
- 54% of HR professionals say the candidate experience is important
- 37% of HR professionals are concerned about their company’s application process deterring quality hires
- One in 10 millennials said they would drop a company out of consideration if they couldn’t apply to a job via their mobile device
- 26% of recruiters say that using an ATS is a key factor in helping them provide candidates with a clear timeframe
- 67% of talent acquisition professionals do not trust most of the data generated by their recruiting systems
- 46% of talent acquisition professionals are interested in recruiting tools that better integrate data they have
Check out the full infographic below for some expert advice on what it takes to graduate from a clunky program to a fast, simple ATS. With a better system, everybody wins — the candidate, the hiring team, and the entire company.