Share this Post
A 2013 survey by CareerBuilder found 43 percent of job candidates discovered the job posting that attracted them to a job didn’t actually match the real position. This disconnect is caused in part because traditional job boards don’t allow companies to customize job postings in a way that accurately describes each position.
Creating a career site for a particular company gives more flexibility in how jobs are listed. However, smaller companies may lack the resources to build those sites on their own. Homerun HR has the experience and the know-how to design custom career pages for companies in order to meet their unique employment needs and attract the best job candidates.
How Homerun HR Works
Homerun HR offers features that not only offer ways to make an individualized post for every open position, but also allow companies to share their culture with job seekers. Features such as easy to edit application forms and the ability to share new posts through social media makes managing the application process easy.
For hiring managers: Homerun HR allows you to integrate multiple aspects of the interview process. It not only allows you to decide how you want candidates to apply, but also helps you assess candidates with your team. You can rate each application and compare candidates on the position’s leaderboard.
Other organizational tools help you keep track of changes within each job vacancy and between all openings over time. The status tracker clearly reminds you where you are in each application process. Their statistical analysis of all your postings lets you see what tactics have been more successful in hiring quality employees.
For job seekers: As a job seeker, you want more information than just the skills required for a job opportunity. You want to know what a company is like and the type of environment you’d be working in. Companies can include photo tours of their office and other media that explains their company culture.
You can better demonstrate your skills and experience through the custom application forms Homerun HR allows employers to produce. The company chooses which question it wants you to answer so they can get a deeper idea of what you have to offer.
Pros of Homerun HR:
- Career sites designed by Homerun HR are compatible with mobile devices.
- Applicants can apply through LinkedIn.
- Even after a position has been filled, employers can still review other applicants from closed posts in case a more appropriate job for them becomes available.
Cons of Homerun HR:
- Rates are based on number of openings per month, not a flat fee. So if you have a month with an unusual number of jobs to fill, the cost can begin to add up.
- They’re based out of the Netherlands, so response time for American companies might be an issue.
Latest posts by Heather R. Huhman (see all)
- Mobile Communications in a Multi-Generational Workforce — Is Your Team Ready? - October 25, 2017
- The Job Search is One Giant Jigsaw Puzzle — Here’s How SquarePeg is Putting it All Together - October 18, 2017
- Bonfyre is Igniting Relationship Wildfires in the Workplace - August 29, 2017