Share this Post
Every generation — and employee — has different demands and expectations from their company’s leaders and HR pros. So, while mobile technology enhances employee communication efforts on the surface, the point of sending important and urgent information is wasted if you don’t completely understand your team.
Fortunately, employees in every generation have come to an agreement on at least one important workplace aspect: communication is a crucial for both employees and leaders.
Now, it’s up to you to take control of mobile communications and create a collaborative and productive environment for every generation. But before you start, you’ll need to re-evaluate each generation’s needs and how they affect your communication strategy.
To help you understand every generation’s mobile employee communication desires, EmployeeChannel, Inc. — a leading provider of mobile apps for employee engagement and communication — compiled the infographic below.
Here’s a look inside the multi-generational workforce:
- Both millennials and Gen Z say communication is the most important quality in a leader.
- Baby boomers rated “effective communication to keep employees informed” a 4.53 out of 5 on a scale of importance.
- Mobile communication productivity gains are the same across all age groups from 18-65.
- 70% of millennials feel advanced tech is crucial to a collaborative, productive, and efficient work environment.
- In 2016, 87% of adults 18+ had access to a smartphone:
- 18-34: 97%
- 35-49: 94%
- 55+: 77%
Check out the full infographic below to see if you’re prepared to connect with employees in every generation. You may find yourself rethinking how you approach your employee communication strategy.
What are some other mobile trends affecting how HR communicates in your workplace? Let us know!
Latest posts by Heather R. Huhman (see all)
- Mobile Communications in a Multi-Generational Workforce — Is Your Team Ready? - October 25, 2017
- The Job Search is One Giant Jigsaw Puzzle — Here’s How SquarePeg is Putting it All Together - October 18, 2017
- Bonfyre is Igniting Relationship Wildfires in the Workplace - August 29, 2017